Over 60 minutes experienced art guides offer insights into the exhibition "Ferdinand Hodler and Modernist Berlin"
Ferdinand Hodler’s evocative figure paintings, mountain landscapes and portraits are Modernist icons. The Swiss artist
(1853–1918), an influential force in symbolism, drew great international acclaim even in his own lifetime. Few people realise today that Hodler’s path to fame lay through Berlin. This exhibition traces his success on the banks of the Spree. From 1898 until the outbreak of the First World War, the artist exhibited here almost annually. The show features, amongst others, around 50 paintings by Hodler, including 30 works from the Museum of Fine Arts in Bern.
Current information about guided tours
For your safety and ours, we kindly ask you to observe the code of conduct.
Please note these rules for guided tours:
- Maximum 12 participants
- Please register in advance of the tour at the front desk.
- Unfortunately we cannot accept reservations in advance.
- You must show evidence that you have been fully vaccinated, have recovered or been tested negative for Covid-19 in a PCR or rapid antigen test issued no more than 24 hours ago.
- Completely filled out contact form (available at the cash desk) or with Corona-Warn-App
Alte Jakobstraße 124–128
- Jugendliche & Erwachsene
- Die Teilnahme an der Führung ist im Museumseintritt enthalten.
- In Kooperation mit dem Museumsdienst Berlin
Ohne Anmeldung. Wir empfehlen jedoch rechtzeitiges Erscheinen, da die Teilnehmer*innenzahl begrenzt ist.
- Nächste Termine
- Mo 4.10.21, 15 – 16 Uhr
Mo 6.12.21, 15 – 16 Uhr